Do you have any idea how many of those would be tripped up by a
Postfix-style banner delay?

Good question. I've been meaning to add a greet pause but haven't yet
gotten around to it.

I got around to it and now do a greet pause before I greylist. Most of the hosts on the Spamhaus BLs are early talkers but that's not a surprise and I wouldn't waste effort greylisting them. Instead I accept the mail, reject at the end of data, and put it in the spamtrap to collect statistics.

After it runs for a while I'll see what the numbers look like

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY