On 14 July 2023 18:24:45 Dave Crocker via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

We need to 'encourage' people to run their own mail servers, not scare
them away..

We also need to encourage people to do all the servicing for their car,
to build their own house, and to grow their own food.

Or we might take a somewhat more modern view of life and deal
pragmatically with the realities of the division of labor.

But if someone *wants* to set up a mail server, we shouldn't put them off unnecessarily.

Or would you put someone off growing vegetables in their garden as well?

If someone says "I want to receive email", then suggesting they set up their own mail server may be inappropriate, but that's not the case here.

Paul