ARC trust is not just a binary. There are also ways that the ARC headers
can be used even if the ARC sealer is not 100% trusted. In this case,
adding ARC headers would help solve this particular issue (assuming the
original message was authenticated with at least one of SPF or DKIM).

You can see Google's advice for forwarders here
<https://support.google.com/a/answer/175365?hl=en> with the relevant
section being "Add ARC headers to messages".