Am 27.10.2023 um 15:19:33 Uhr schrieb Cyril - ImprovMX via mailop:

> For instance, if my server has a PTR with mail1.example.com, and I
> connect by saying "HELO send.example.com". If the receiving server
> loads all the IPs for "send.example.com" but doesn't find my server's
> IP, should it refuse the email or accept it ?

Because the big companies enforce a correct PTR, almost all servers
sending mail have a working PTR.
If the PTR mismatches, it is most likely not a normal mail server, so
the amount of non-spam coming from such system will most likely be low.

The RFC says it should have a PTR record, but there is no must.

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1912.html
https://serverfault.com/questions/612833/do-internet-standards-require-reverse-dns-for-every-device