On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 at 12:54, Ralf Hildebrandt via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> We're running the postfix-users ML on list.sys4.de, and all over a
> sudden we're being tempfailed by GMAIL:

I saw something similar happening on a couple of my IPs recently. I
thought Google is slowly applying more restrictive rules/enforcement:
in my case the block persisted for few hours each time.
What's your abuse rate on the Postmaster Tools?

Maybe this is related to an abuse rate over 0.3%:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?visit_id=638361648208381724-1833007315&p=UnsolicitedRateLimitError&rd=1#spam-rate&zippy=%2Crequirements-for-sending-or-more-messages-per-day
-----
Spam rate
- Regularly monitor your domain's spam rate in Postmaster Tools.
- Aim to keep your spam rate below 0.10%.
- Avoid a spam rate of 0.30% or higher, especially for any sustained
period of time.
-----

> 421-4.7.28 Gmail has detected an unusual rate of unsolicited mail. To protect
> 421-4.7.28 our users from spam, mail has been temporarily rate limited. Please
> 421-4.7.28 visit
> 421-4.7.28 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedRateLimitError to
> 421 4.7.28 review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines.
> s8-20020adfea88000000b0032fba209e8esi6123538wrm.543 - gsmtp (in reply to end
> of DATA command)
>
> SPF, DKIM, DMARC, douoble-opt-in, valid forward and reverse DNS
> records are all in place, and it's been working ok for quite some time
> -- so it's a bit unclear what has changed here or what caused the
> block...
>
> And since it's the postfix-users mailinglist, we're dead sure it's not
> spam we're sending!

Check in the Postmaster Tools as, even if it's hard to accept/believe,
people report as abusive even emails with tickets they just bought on
some online store.

Stefano