On Thursday 07/12/2023 at 3:21 pm, Michael Peddemors via mailop wrote:
For the record, the command line 'whois' tool is getting long in the
tooth, and the maintainer isnt' really interested in updating the tools,
database.. (We offered to help)

But, because I end up showing this to our own staff, a little trick..

whois 49.13.172.216 -h whois.ripe.net

RIPE can be a one-stop whois -- it's pretty complete.

ARIN's whois has a slightly different input format (other RIRs use RPSL format), but it generally picks the correct parameter type for a given input (if not provided). I often use "-n" (no redirect) to limit the output, depending on what I'm looking for.

[...]