On 16.12.23 12:11, ml+mailop--- via mailop wrote:
On Sat, Dec 16, 2023, Thomas Walter via mailop wrote:

2. Our server bounces with 550 5.1.1 User doesn't exist.

Does your server generate a DSN?
If the "User doesn't exist" then it seems you should be able to
determine that fact when RCPT is given -- or is this just a bogus
reply?

It's a catchall forwarded domain "@olddomain -> @newdomain", so Postfix accepted it before checking the final recipient.

Now that you said it, I'm going to suggest to the user to just alias individual addresses instead of the catchall.

I still think Microsoft should not complain about NDRs, especially if the original was from them.

Regards,
Thomas Walter

--
Thomas Walter