Wow! Just got back from a week in the sun, and the mailing list has been busy..

A bit off topic, but it is always amazing.. rejecting based on no DKIM?

It's like most new requirements, ever notice that the spammers are implementing these requirements sooner/faster than the real email operators and domains?

Spammers got SPF down pat a lot faster.. they adopted TLS faster.. List unsubscribe formats, even DNS they nailed it faster than most large companies..

I still think we as an industry are going down a slippery slope.. Email should not be complicated.... And those companies with some of the tightest restrictions, are also the source of some of the worst spam..

The litany of sill acronyms needed to operate an email server, have added layer on top of layer, without truly solving the underlying needs that promoted their use in the first place..

Are we moving towards a walled garden, where only the largest email providers are allowed to play?

On 2023-12-13 16:08, Randolf Richardson, Postmaster via mailop wrote:
        We're not seeing that error in our mail server logs here in Canada.

        The trend seems to be that mail servers worldwide have gradually
been adding DKIM signing to all outbound mail, and some are starting
to require it of all inbound mail (we're also considering making DKIM
signing a requirement for all inbound mail).

        Feel free to ask if you have any questions about getting these
things set up -- the SPF and DMARC part is very easy, and the DKIM
part takes a bit of work that's well worth the effort.

        Getting everything configured and tested over a few days or a
weekend is a realistic possibility (depending on the size and
complexity of your system, of course), and could be a nice gift for
your users if it's working before Christmas.

Hello all,

do any of you who do not live in Germany have this error message from
GMX and WEB.DE? Or is this an educational measure for German providers only?

451-Requested action aborted\n451-Reject due to policy
restrictions.\n451 For explanation visit https://postmaster.gmx.net/de/
https://postmaster.gmx.net/en/case?c=r0103

Hundreds of domains go through our servers, should we now explain to
every customer that if they, as German citizens, want to send an e-mail
to other German citizens, especially if they live with Web or GMX.de,
they must first populate their domains with DKIM entries? Cool thing,
especially so close to Christmas.

Kind regards
Andreas

--