I might have missed something, but wouldn't that be a phisher's wet dream?

Most spammers know very well how to do a mail with valid DMARC. So, now
they only need to send a valid mail from any throw away cheap domain and
in their BIMI add the logo of paypal?

I understand it's not great to have to pay for the
verification/certification, but leaving the door open to abuse is a
dangerous path to take.

Being on the antispam side, I would hate to have to start implementing
BIMI spoof checks.

Regards,
Laurent