I'm seeing in today's logs plenty of blocking of hosts ending with
".onmicrosoft.com" but also plenty of SMTP connections not being
blocked.

        Those MS-Miscreants seem to have moved on from mixing names of farm
animals and car brands to names that seem like they could be for
professional firms like "jlrlawcorp.onmicrosoft.com" ... and none of
the names like that - but in the form of "jlrlawcpro.com" - are even
registered, so they might just be figments of some spammer's
imagination, or made up by an algorithm (AI would be overkill, but
someone's probably wasting resources on that too).

        So far, the spot checks I've done include quite a bit of legitimate
eMail -- some from schools, health/medical service providers, various
government agencies, and a smattering of different businesses that
are providing professional services and which I don't believe are
using spam to do marketing.

        The common thing I'm noticing with all of these senders is that
they're sending from their own domain names, even though the
HELO/EHLO string ends with .onmicrosoft.com.

        The blacklists seem to be blocking mostly the ones that send
directly from @<something-strange>.onmicrosoft.com addresses, which
should make filtering easy if we can confirm for certain that no
legitimate eMail has these as the sender -- that is, not in the
"Return-Path:" header and not in the "From:" header.

Postmaster - postmas...@inter-corporate.com
Randolf Richardson, CNA - rand...@inter-corporate.com
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
https://www.inter-corporate.com/