On 2024-01-19 06:47, Atro Tossavainen via mailop wrote:
On Fri, Jan 19, 2024 at 03:31:19PM +0100, hg user wrote:
Ok sorry not "most" but "some may"...

My checkpoint rep said that they get their reputation lists from other
companies... is it wrong ?

It's possible that Check Point are just an aggregator and don't actually
have first-hand data. But I don't think of Check Point when somebody
says DNSBL, which may be my own failure :-D

As far as I've been able to tell, Spamhaus, SURBL, Abusix, SpamCop,
SORBS, UCEProtect, PSBL at least all have their own data, I would
even go so far as to guess "exclusively".

You didn't accidentally ignore "SpamRats" did you? ;) But we do have 'some' reports of aggregators querying our data.. And of course there are licensed users of our data. And there are some that 'white label' the rejection, as if it is their own data..

But in general, there isn't much 'sharing' of data, some consolidation of data from various sources.

For the REALLY bad guys though, it would be nice if there was more sharing of data.. Or maybe an industry 'do not route' that all RBL providers can include.

A great believer in sharing, but we do all have to pay the bills.

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."