On 2024-01-25 14:10:13 (+0800), Hans-Martin Mosner via mailop wrote:
Tonight we received a huge wave of extortion spams from OVH hosted domains trying to get bitcoin payments. The senders claim that recipients watched child porn.

I'm seeing these come in from several places. They get trapped by content filters looking for bitcoin addresses (and other signals).

This is the final straw for me to add a rule to reject all mail traffic from OVH until the sender is whitelisted. OVH is completely unresponsive to abuse complaints, they won't even react when clearly criminal activity happens from their IP space.

Your network, your rules.

Unfortunately, for many of us, rejecting all email from OVH would increase our workload, not decrease it. Surprisingly many legitimate organisations host their email at OVH.

The domains used were:

aoyn.sbs
bnop.sbs
burx.sbs
[...]

TempFailing mail from domains that don't resolve is uncontroversial and very effective.

Philip