Which mail server software and OS are you using?  Are you receiving
some error messages (e.g., in syslog)?

        I'm using Postfix on Debian, and I'd be happy to try to help you get
things working no matter which software you're using.

        The OpenDMARC package supports running as a milter, which is
supported by most technologies.

        If you can use a UNIX Domain socket you'll get better performance,
but the permissions can be a bit of a challenge (which is why a lot
of administrators set it up to listen on 127.0.0.1 and use TCP
sockets instead -- I prefer UNIX Domain sockets because there's
slightly less overhead than with TCP, but overall there generally
won't really be a noticeable performance hit).

        For my installation, /etc/opendmarc.conf has roughly half-a-dozen
default settings, most of which I didn't need to alter.  Adding one
line to /etc/postfix/main.cf got it all working after I made sure the
permissions were where they needed to be for the UNIX Domain socket:

                smtpd_milters = unix:/var/run/opendmarc/opendmarc.sock

        This is the order that may be helpfult you that works well fo rme:

                smtpd_milters =
                 unix:/var/run/opendkim/opendkim.sock
                 unix:/var/run/opendmarc/opendmarc.sock
                 unix:/var/run/clamav/clamav-milter.ctl

        Feel free to share a comment-stripped copy of your opendmarc.conf
file here (and make sure you don't have any passwords in it; there
shouldn't be, but do check it first before attaching to be sure), and
I (and I'm sure other MailOp members as well) will be happy to help.

> Hi.  I am trying to make sure my mail server is properly
> authenticated, and I have spf and dkim set up -- seemingly correctly
> -- but I am not sure about dmarc.  I have downloaded and installed the
> open-dmarc package and I have the text record I will have to put in
> the zone,  but I don't know what to put in
> /etc/openmarc/opendmarc.conf -- its quite a large file and I am not
> sure what I really need in it.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> --
> Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
> How do
> you spend it?
>
>          John Covici wb2una
>          cov...@ccs.covici.com

Postmaster - postmas...@inter-corporate.com
Randolf Richardson, CNA - rand...@inter-corporate.com
Vancouver, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
https://www.inter-corporate.com/