> On 08.02.24 05:48, John Covici via mailop wrote:
> >I have sendmail set up for dkim, I don't see anywhere where you need
> >anything for dmarc.  Right now the opendmarc.conf is just what comes
> >when you install.
>
> DMARC on domain means setting DNS record in it.

        Fortunately, that's the easier part. :)

> In addition to SPF and DKIM provides recipients instructions what do to with
> mail that does not fit and/or where to send you reports about such mail.
> Which is
>
> Opendmarc on your server validates incoming mail, optionally allows you to
> reject mail and/or send failure reports.

        ...and that is where the OpenDMARC milter comes into play.  For mail
server administrators who want/need to enforce DMARC policies during
the SMTP transaction (pre-queue) stage, this milter does the job, but
can be tricky to set up depending on various factors, including
system architecture and configuration, mail server capabilities, etc.

> I also run opendmarc with default options, and am thinking about rejecting
> and reporting. Will take some time.

        I recently submitted a Pull Request to the OpenDMARC project for
laying the foundation to add PostgreSQL support, and so far a few
users provided positive feedback:

                OpenDMARC :: Add PostgreSQL database schema #251
                https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenDMARC/pull/251

        Once it gets approved, my intention is to contribute code updates to
support using PostgreSQL for the back-end reporting database.

--
Postmaster - postmas...@inter-corporate.com
Randolf Richardson, CNA - rand...@inter-corporate.com