On 2/24/2024 5:25 PM, Philip Paeps via mailop wrote:
On the whole, I think not meddling with the body (and not breaking DKIM) provides an improved mailing list experience.  We don't have to rewrite the From: header, and "reply" works the way the poster intends.  Neither the mailing list software nor the recipient has to guess.

Sounds like a win.

Generally, whatever is typically put in the footer can reasonably be move to a header field, although of course that means users will typically not automatically have it presented to them.

A different issue is that it tends to be helpful for the Subject field to show that a mailing list is involved, though that will typically break DKIM...

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking