On 2/23/24 13:39, Mark Fletcher via mailop wrote:
Hi All,

I run an email groups hosting service. For many years now, each group message has included a one click unsubscribe link in the message footer. We also include appropriate

headers. The problem with including a one-click unsubscribe link in the message bodies occurs when a group message is forwarded to someone else, and they click on the link, unsubscribing the original person. We have an easy one-click resubscribe system for this, but it's still not wonderful and occasionally causes problems/confusion.

My question to you all is, do you think that the List-Unsubscribe=One-Click header is supported well enough these days such that I can replace the one-click unsub link in the message bodies with a link that requires authentication? Also, do you think doing so would adversely affect our distribution?

There are many systems that scan links in email and falsely unsubscribe. I'd make it two-click. When clicked, have it go to a page that says:

You are about to unsubscribe [address] from mailing list [name of list]. Are you sure you want to do this? [Yes] [No]

--
Jay Hennigan - j...@west.net
Network Engineering - CCIE #7880