It appears that Sebastian Nielsen via mailop <sebast...@sebbe.eu> said:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Anyone that have a general algoritm to filter out emoji from sender
>addresses?
>
>How I do in regexp to identify emoji? (its such a stupid thing)..

Normal e-mail doesn't allow anything outside of ordinary ASCII in message
headers.  You can use MIME to encode non-ASCII stuff in the comments
but the actual addresses that go in the angle brackets have to be ASCII.

There's an extension called SMTPUTF8, informally known as EAI for
Email Address Internationalization, that in principle allows any UTF-8
in addresses, but unless you are sending mail to people in India or
Thailand, you don't want to try it.

The good news is that detecting non-ASCII is easy, anything with the
high bit 0x80 set.

R's,
John