Moin,

> You'd need several domains, all having a rua= pointing to you.  I'd
> donate a (sub) domain to that effort.  I'm donating a couple of
> domains to Project Honey Pot.  Unlike that project, however, in this
> case donated domains will have to actively send replies.

Actually LUA records with powerdns should suffice; Similar to what is
already being done for the DNS tests:

dig MX sometext.uniq.measurement.email-security-scans.org \
    @dns.measurement.email-security-scans.org

So, creating something like
_dmarc.<uniqid>.dmarcfail.measurement.email-security-scans.org, and
only sending the mails after at least N mails for the test have been
successfully received.

> I'm tempted, although Python is not my forté.

No worries. :-)

With best regards,
Tobias

--