* Jeff Pang via mailop:

> given currently I have 3000+ block IPs, every normal client requests
> to submission, the ip will be checked through those 3000+ list, which
> slow down the normal client's connection certainly.

I consider this is a case "measure, don't guess". I am right now logged
into at a none-too-fancy server moving terabytes of data per day, with
thousands of iptables entries -- without breaking a sweat. Some RAM and
CPU cycles are of course required, but unless you have concrete evidence
of your server struggling, you may be jumping at shadows.

-Ralph