Opinion based on personal experience follows:

I would not choose Amazon SES because of the poor content quality (spam,
phishing, etc.) of many messages received here where the header contains the
string "amazonses.com".  That string in the header gets a +3.0 spamassassin
bonus on the server I manage.  Your mileage may vary of course.  And it may be
that my experience with received email with that characteristic is atypical.
It is true that the content quality of such mail as observed here has improved;
the 'amazonses' spamassassin bonus used to be even higher.

Your server, your rules.

Ken