Dňa 12. augusta 2024 8:20:20 UTC používateľ Viktor Dukhovni via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> napísal:

>I think it can be rather different for SMTP and SUBMIT services.

Of course, i am talking about MSA, thus 465/tcp only in my case.

>I'm tempted to propose 30s instead of 300s as still reasonable.

It coresponds with my expectation, that 5 min is too long, but i
did think even shorter -- 10 sec. I asked, because i lack experiences
how long it can take in real world. Most of my (real) clients ends
whole transactions in couple of secs (depending on message size),
but i don't log exact timing by command.

>TL;DR Go with 30s, and not lower than 10s if you really feel the need to
>run a tight ship.

OK, i will try 30 secs for now and i will see, what will happen ;-)

Thanks

--
Slavko
https://www.slavino.sk/