> Please rune "make check" on the version of Make you think
> fixes the problem.  If all the tests pass, please post here a
> patch that you used to fix the recursion problem.  Thanks.

Done; the patch is attached.  Running make check came back with zero
failures and a nice smiley face.  The patch has the same content as Bill
Hoffman's patch, plus my modifications for job.c.

> No, it wasn't a version issue: your Patch command lacks the
> -p0 switch, which I think is the cause of your trouble.

Thank you!  Adding -p0 did indeed allow for a single patch file.

William Sheehan
Builds Engineer / Network Administrator
Open Interface North America