I guess that old Nahum is famous for taking the sting out of dramatic
situations, as with his re-write of King Lear.  V's Dido arranges that
from the time of the encounter in the other world A and his descendants
will remember her with terrible guilt and foreboding, to be renewed rather
than dispelled on the occasion of the fall of Carthage by Sc.Aemilianus'
famous citation of Homer, linking the event with the historic fall of Troy
and with fear for the future of Rome. - Martin Hughes