This is a change of subject. I wonder about the killing of young warriors
by older and experienced ones. This seems to have been the most difficult
case to assess on the scale of heroism. Pallas, Lausus, and then
Turnus...The death of the young warrior seems to have been a point of
interest to Romans (after all, in the Iliad, Patroclos is the older guy,
although on the surface his death leads to Hector's death as the death of
Pallas leads to Turnus' death).
Could someone on this list help me locate what has been written about the
death of young warriors as a motif in Roman literature? Thanks. D.Markus.