cf I think the speech he gives to Boudicca in Annals XIV, where she puts
her case in a far more cogent and classically-rhetorical way than could
possibly have been realistic. Here, and in the account of the Britons'
grievances, we see Tacitus 'imaginatively projecting aspects of old-style
Romanitas.'