>From India I know, that old poems are sung, each verse on the same melody, but
still there is a lot of such recitation-melodies, and they sound recent. Only
Sāma-Veda has very old melodies, and they sound totally different from the way,
the epic verse is sung (the Shloka).

I'm shure, all poems also by the Greek and their Roman pupils originally have
been recitated, not only read by ordinary language-speaking. The rhapsode had a
musical instrument.

So it's a try what I've done now, for teachers specially and the labour they
have with the laws of metric. Here it is:

http://marvin.sn.schule.de/~latein/strophen.htm

The music-notes there might be read also by those, who are not firm in German,
grusz, hansz