Hello,

I have a large base map that covers an area for an electric utility. The base map is in state plane grid coordinates and the map is about 100 miles in both X and Y. Most of this map in this 100x100 region is blank since we only have base information near where the utility's facilities are located. I am trying to improve performance by using tiles. I would like to have zoom levels in pretty close, maybe on the order of 1:500 as well as zoom levels that much farther out. If I set this up with Base Layers in studio and then generate tiles using Websoft's tiling engine for each zoom level, I will get a huge number of tiles. If I do not generate tiles then performance is perceived as poor.

Are there any better strategies for dealing with large base maps that must be viewed both at the detail level and high zoom scales? I m still using MGOS 1.1 (maybe I should upgrade).

Thanks,

George McLean