I was previously having issues with selection (
http://www.nabble.com/Postgis-Selection-Problem-%28additional%29-tt15466067s16610.html
http://www.nabble.com/Postgis-Selection-Problem-%28additional%29-tt15466067s16610.html
) where it looked like my objects were selected, but nothing actually was,
and RC4 has made great strides to remedy this. However, my current situation
is this:

I can use the selection tool to make selections on the map. But, they don't
show up unless I click the 'Refresh Map' button. And even then, the
statusbar still shows No features selected. But when I run our script, the
output is correct and formatted accordingly. Yet, If I make a selection
programmatically like stated in the linked post, the selection is
highlighted, and the statusbar reads {0} features selected on {1} layers,
yet shows that two layers are selected in the selection panel, wells and
blocks. And, no matter which block I select--even if the block has nothing
inside--the selection panel always shows the same two wells selected. Also,
if I make a selection with the tool, I cannot use the 'Clear Selection'
tool, but it is available when objects are selected programmatically.

I don't know what is causing this behavior, but these are my observations so
far. If I come across anything new, I will update here. At least the
selections are working enough to use and test our scripts, and for that, I
am glad.