Steps to setup a wms are very well described here:
https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoWmsNotes
I have copied a portion of the configuration document for the featuresource
You can use Maestro to attach a configuration document to your existing featuresource

Stefan Dalakov

stoff wrote:
Hi Stefan,

I only modify the Mapguide-Studio-generated-XML (look at my uploads above)
of layerdefinition and featuresource. Which XML-File have you mentioned and
how do you use it?
 I did it like this (without success):

<GridLayerDefinition>

<ResourceId>Library://WMS/hessen_Ortho.FeatureSource</ResourceId>
                <Opacity>0.5</Opacity>
                <FeatureName>WMS_Schema:DOP04F1</FeatureName>
                <Geometry>Raster</Geometry>
                <GridScaleRange>
                        <ColorStyle>
                                <ColorRule>