The main problem here is that there is very few info about the correct
version of the libraries used.
This, combined with the very poor logging messages of both
FDO/Mapguide very often lead to "Unspecified errors" or "Generic
errors" when the wrong version of something is used.

And the advices often consist in dropping some dlls here and there in
order to find some unresolved symbols, which makes all things sound
like an obscure art or a per-installation magic trick.

In order for this to work reliably, we need full information regarding
Postgres/Postgis version used (yes, even the last minor number),
together with FDO and Postgis provider versions.

Postgis provider support for Linux is, at best, lacking some care. OGR
support is not enabled any more by default, AFAIK.
Yes I can enable it and compile all again but compilation is difficult
not to say too difficult.
I think OGR provider should be enabled again by default, at least
we'll have a fall-back.

Btw we're using a Mapguide 1.2 on Debian GNU/Linux with Postgis
connected through OGR Provider.
We had to work hard in order to compile all the stuffs (and this is
remarkably poor in a project that has Open Source in its name), but at
least it works.
We've not yet find a way to compile version 2.x. No significant steps
have been made to ease compilation in GNU/Linux, even if version major
number has been increased...

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini