Sorry about bombarding the list with questions all of a sudden....I've got one more, which hopefully will be the last for a while. I'm having some trouble with aliases and gdal in 2.6.

First, let me say that my aliases seem to be working for for everything except gdal layers. I'm able to see the contents of my aliased folders from Maestro, no problem. I can create a new composite gdal feature source from Maestro, without any trouble - all files get added (I'm using a folder alias - so all files in that folder). I can preview the datasource without any problem - I see the list of all of the images.

The problem I'm having is that none of the images show up when I turn the layer on (the images don't show up). I ran the server interactively with the cpl_debug flag set to "on" and I'm seeing an error 4 happen when I try to turn on the gdal layers using an alias. Here's the error I see:

"ERROR 4: `%MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[GIS_Storage]%Site/air_photos/Sept18_2011/oIMG_0005.png' does not exist in the file system, and is not recognised as a supported dataset name."

It's not a permissions issue, because if I use the local folder name rather than the alias, it works fine. I've also tried making the alias both with and without the trailing "\", just for fun - no change. Any ideas?

Andrew

--
GEMTEC Email Signature
GEMTEC Limited <http://www.gemtec.ca/>

*Andrew DeMerchant*

tel: 506.453.1025  /  toll-free: 1.877.243.6832
fax: 506.453.9470