I can also now confirm that the aliased composite config docs that Maestro made using MGOS 2.2 work fine in 2.5...for me, though, making a new composite layer using a folder alias works fine in v2.5. So at least in my case, it seems that it's 2.6 that's broken - for me, 2.5 works like 2.2 in this instance.