This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
whole list)
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

Fred Shauger,
        The most complete study of watermarks is David Woodward's Catalogue of
Watermarks in Italian Printed Maps, ca. 1540-1600. Chicago:  University of
Chicago Press, 1996. Whether he covers B &H I don't know, but he has an
introduction that deals with the previous literature as well as a three page
bibliography (17-19) References to Introduction and Catalogue.  I hope this
helps.  I have three small volumes of B & H as well as the six volumes in three
with an intro by R.A. Skelton published by World Publishing of Cleveland and
New York in 1966.  Skimming those introductions I couldn't find anything
specific on watermarks.
My best in your search, Rand Burnette
On Apr 22, 2010, at 5:14 AM, ean...@aol.com wrote:

> This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
> whole list)
> o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +
>
> Can anyone direct me to any study of the watermarks that appear on the maps
> of Braun and Hogenberg?
>
> Fred Shauger
>
> Maphist mailing list
> Maphist@geo.uu.nl