From: "D Sloan" <dorothysloanrarebo...@earthlink.net>
To: "'Discussion group for map history'" <maphist@geo.uu.nl>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:50 AM
Subject: RE: [MapHist] Alternative Investing 2011-Speculation

This is a MapHist list message.
News: If you don't get messages anymore, go to http://www.maphist.nl for
news about the new MapHist Forum
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

It's not only the ILAB that addresses in its code of ethics the issue of
books, maps, etc. as vehicles for investments.

The International Antiquarian Mapsellers Association has the following
statement in its Code of Ethics.  See last paragraph:
http://antiquemapdealers.com/ethics.htm

"Members should not foster the antiquarian maps and related materials books
as investment vehicles in themselves, or as part of investment schemes."

In these economic times, in my opinion, all investments carry risks, and
nothing is bullet-proof.  I think I agree with the general concept George
Clooney expressed in regard to investing:  "I never liked the stock
market-—to me it's Vegas without any of the fun parts, the girls in
bikinis."

Dorothy Sloan

Maphist mailing list
Maphist@geo.uu.nl