>Does anyone know how or even if I can bring an
>image (jpg, gif, etc) into mapinfo, then assign
>some control points to it, thereby allowing me to
>prcecisely locate coordinates on this image?
>This image is a map, by the way.

When you open the file (>File >Open Table ) select File Type "Raster"  This will
give you a list of image files you can select.  When the file opens, you will be
given a choice to either "Display" or "Register".  Select Register.  A popup
window opens, allowing you to add control points (X&Y Coordinates) to the image
so it can be mapped.

BTW, I am using MI5.0, but as I remember, earlier versions worked in a similar
fashion.

John Musolino