Hi,
Some days the i'net just amazes me...
Back when Vertical Mapper came out, Northwood Geoscience had included a
symbol customization routine that did a lot of functions that were not
available in MapInfo at the time. Now some of them are part of MI but some
are still lacking. This symbol routine was part of VM through VM 1.5, but
when VM 2 came out it was missing. I talked with Northwood about this and
later I found out that they had taken this symbol routine and placed it on
their website as a free download called Symbol Plotter.
Symbol Plotter not only allows you to easily create your own symbols, but
also plot them in auto rotation along a line (e.g. weather fronts, faulting
etc). It also allows you to auto rotate and scale symbols based on data
fields. These features really came in handy when I needed to make maps of a
stress/strain field containing over 10K data points!
Anyway some of theses features are now available elsewhere, but this
package, Symbol Plotter, provides them all in one neat package.
Check it out at http://www.northwoodgeo.com/NewsFrameCover.htm

Doug Wilson                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emcon Alaska a member of IT Group       www.emconinc.com
4701 Business Park Blvd. Suite 36
(907)562-3452
Anchorage, AK  99503