-----Original Message-----
From: Franck Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 29 July 1999 12:49
Subject: MI and Coral Reef?

>Does anybody has done some surveying of Coral Reefs using MapInfo?
>
>Franck Martin
>Database Development Officer
>SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
>Fiji

Here in the Solomons we have lots of Coral Reef, though we have no need to
do any survey in anger (there's a census happening in November, coral reef
survey seems to take a back seat to enumeration area maps) we have done a
few demonstrations (this helps alleviate the monotony that is pre census
mapping) nothing fancy, just registering some borrowed air photos from the
Ministry of Lands, the coral shows up nicely, it would be pretty quick to
trace it off onto a new layer We were promised some satellite imagery from
World Wildlife Fund, but that never materialised..

Hope this isn't irrelevant...

Regards

Mick Saunders
Map Factory