Dear William

Your wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
, William Gutierrez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Hello listers:
>
>Well, I've lied, there're some simple questions. Can anybody tell or give me
>a reference about the "MI runtime".  What is it? how does it works? I want
>to develop an app. in VB is it 100% compatible with it, and the most
>important question How could I get a copy of this "MI runtime" and its
>price?
>
>I hope that the answers to this simple questions won't take a lot of your
>time, but any answer will be appreciated.
>
>TIA
>
>William

Please find below an answer to this question a month or so back. In
terms of where you get it - you would need to go to your Local MapInfo
Dealer I would think or ring MapInfo in the states for where to buy. It
is compatible with VB. Price wise its about a quarter of price of full
MapInfo for Read Only and about half price for read and write.

(The folowing is an answer to Cesars question!

Dear Cesar

We use runtime a lot. Ther are virtually no porting implications - just
make sure you show menu bar!

Here in the UK runtime must only be used with one MBX app. ie you cannot
have a computer with one runtime and two MBXs for say highway app and
planning app.

There are two versions - a Runtime (R/O) read only that is good for
viewing thematics etc and a Manipulator that allows creation and editing
of MapInfo tables.

It is designed for developers to integrate MapInfo into a turnkey
solution. It works as you ask with MapBasic but also with VB, Delphi
etc. It is basically full MapInfo but with no menus or toolbars shown (
they are all there though if you create your own menus and call the
built in ones).

Obviously you are not supposed to expose all functionality as this would
"cannibalise" the sale of MapInfo Professional but for most turnkey
users they only need about 10% of functionality.

We use it for Map Production and Highway applications. I Recommend it!

Bob
www.bydesignwales.demon.co.uk

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Maiorino, Cesar D.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>Hi,
>I'm new to the list, so I apologize if this is a faq.  I've checked out the
>list archives for threads relating to a runtime version
>of MapInfo Professional.  I didn't quite understand what I read, so I'm
>posting these questions.
>
>(1) Does MapInfo provide a runtime version of MapInfo Professional that can
>be distributed with products built using MapBasic?
>(2) If so, how do I get a copy and what are the licensing costs, if any?
>(3) Are their any technical issues/problems in "porting" my application from
>MapInfo Professional to the runtime version?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Cesar Maiorino
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bob Young