Roger,

The most common command that is new to version 5.5 which is sometimes put in
the workspace is the printer settings. This command is usually a few lines up
from the bottom of the file and starts with "Set Window FrontWindow() ...".
If you take this line out as well as editing the version number on the second
line, chances are the workspace will be readable by earlier versions.

Hope this helps,

Regards Sue.

 adding   Susan Port
  value   Technical Support Coordinator