I agree, the UT is really not crashing, but merely not readily visible.
 I use the old Windows technique of alt-tab to cycle through what
applications are open.  The UT always comes up this way.

Paul Staub
Oregon Dept. of Geology

Rick

>From my experience this is not a "crash" but more a problem of the UT
projection window coming up behind the main MI window an you cant get at
it
to respond.
Before you start UT reduce the size of the main MI window so it does not
cover the centre of the screen. Then start UT and when the projection
window comes up it will be (partly)
visible and you can click on it to respond and normal operation can
continue.
Not nice but a "work around".

    Brian Chester

PS to Mapinfo L I will miss Jacques contributions to the list even if it
is
only a "suspension"