Hi,

Can anybody give me any insight into the process of connecting mapinfo with
sql server 7.0 using odbc and doing data operations? I checked out the help
in mapbasic pertaining to the topic: "Register table statement" (the
example 2 in that article).  I understand that *.map and *.id files will
reside separately somewhere and that sql server will only provide
replacement for the *.dat files. The register table should make a tab file
which takes care of all future operations  with sql server regarding data.
But I feel I am missing something because I am getting the connection busy
message after registering the table whenever I go to open that table. I
also want to issue "map from" statement for this table.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Bikram