Since I posted my message re. printing a week ago. I have discovered that my
white regions printed due to a problem/bug with the MapImagery MBX loaded to
display the ER Mapper compressed ECW mosaic algorithm.

A fellow MapInfow user, here in Perth (thanks Howard) came up with the
solution to turn off the processing option "Show progress bar during
processing" in MapImagery Options.
This is with version 6.030 (Jun 14 1999).
See http://www.gid.com

The MBX works fine otherwise.

Chris
Chris Brown - Cartographer
Resource Development Division, Hamersley Iron P/L
152-158 St. George's Terrace,
Perth, Western Australia 6000
GPO Box A42,
Perth, Western Australia 6837
Tel.    +61 8 9327 2176
Fax.    +61 8 9327 2478
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Portion of original posting:
I have two A1 portrait maps (1:12,500 scale) adjacent and overlapping each
other ie West & East.
Both contain an aerial photo image with simple lease regions overlayed on
top of the image.
I am printing using the latest (v4.1) HP drivers to a brand new HP DesignJet
1055 plotter. I normally use postscript but it does not appear to produce
good image output.
The West sheet prints just fine but the East sheet has one small lease which
prints as a solid white, therefore obliterating the image underneath.
This same lease region is on the West map but prints OK?