I have been using the spherical algorithm to calculate the area of field
polygons since upgrading to MI Pro 5.5. Is this the correct way for use with
Ordnance Survey data which is tied in to the British National Grid? The
reason that I ask is because I have been sent and Arc View  shape file where
the person quoted the area as 546.01 ha. This is the area that I get when
using the cartesian algorithm. When using the spherical option I get an area
of 544.48 ha which is causing some contention.

Also how should these compare with the traditional ways that the OS use
calculate their areas on old paper plans.

Any help is much appreciated

IAN
---------------------------------------
Ian Macey
Dreweatt Neate

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dreweatt-neate.co.uk
Telephone: 01635 263050
Facsimile: 01635 263090

EMAIL DISCLAIMER:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this email in error please notify: