To make sure you do not have problems (most likely, with pathnames) you
can open your workspace in text editor and see what needs fixing before
mailing it (or, even better, tell your correspondent to fix his own
pathnames).
    Importing workspaces from earlier to later MapInfo version is no
problem.
    For the reverse, change the version number on the top, and take out the
printer driver line which should be near the bottom, in the layout window
(if you have such one).
Sincerely,
Sonya

JCH GeoInfo