Hello Henk,

> I'm trying to recreate a grid an author used in a book which  was published 1945
> (no typo).  The author uses 10km and 100km grids for Korea in  UTM grid system
> for Korea (Grid Zones 51S, 52S and 51T and 52T; what do the S and T's refer
> too?).

Well, the 51 and 52 definitely refer to the UTM zones which cover South Korea.
52/North will
cover the mainland with 51/North perhaps being used for marine coverage in the Yellow
Sea (and
maybe for those little islands off China's coast that are South Korean). I thought for
a moment
that "S" and "T" may refer to North and South in Romanised local language but Korea
should
clearly have northing to do with the Southern hemisphere.

You should be able to make a grid in UTM51 or 52 using the standard GridMaker utility.
Watch out
for false northing origins. Just for reference, Seoul/Soul should be at (317585,
4157043) in
UTM52/North.

Regards,
Warren Vick