Hello all,

I am relatively new to mapbasic and programming in general.

In the program I am working on
I have created a pulldown menu which list various cities

ie

Toronto
Chicago
Vancouver
Los Angeles etc

once the user has selected the city he wants and clicked the okay button
the city would be placed into a input variable ie
CITY

I would like to
have one sub routine such as

save copy C:\city.tab as E:\temp\city.tab
in which the input variable city would represent the variable that the user
has selected

rather than doing

this
IF CITY =  toronto then
save copy C:\Toronto.tab as E:temp\toronto.tab
else if city = Chicago then
save copy C:\Toronto.tab as E:temp\Chicago.tab

        I am not to sure if this can be done in Mapinfo or if there is a
better way of doing this. If there is any short step solutions,
HELP would be much appreciated

thanks