Hi,

I have been making a map of a river catchment which includes a layer of the
vegetation.  When I print this map from a layout window it comes out
perfectly.  However I need to use the map in a report so I saved the layout
window as a wmf file and inserted it into a word document.  When I inserted
the wmf picture into Microsoft WORD and printed it, the map has a string of
faint lines radiating from one node.  The node is part of a shaded polygon
showing the forest boundary in the catchment.  The radiating lines appear
to connect to other nodes on the forest polygon.  These radiating lines are
the same colour (green) as the shading I used for the forest polygon, and
do not appear if I remove the shading.  The radiating lines do not appear
on the computer monitor, but only when I print it.  I have tried with both
a black and white laser printer and a colour laser printer, and in both
instances these unwanted radiating lines appear.

Can anyone suggest why these lines appear and how i can get rid of them
(They do not show up on a BMP image but the BMP image is quite poor quality
compared with the wmf image.)

thanks in advance

anthony

Anthony Scott