Okay, here's something COMPLETELY messed up.

I am conducting some length calculations on some line data for the US
railroad network.  I did a select objects from the railroad table that
intersect another table of polygons.  I save that as a table.  I then do a
select sphericalobjectlen(t_name.obj, "mi") into sometable, calculate
statistics, and get a the sum, for each row in the original table selection
of line lengths.  If I do it that way, I get over 6000 miles (which is way
off if you just look at the selection in a map window.  If I combine all
line objects into one, and then double click on the single object, I get a
line length of only 1000, which seems much more reasonable.  Anybody have
this experience before or am I using the wrong mapinfo commands?

Thanks
Ben