I have turned a Fortran program (which makes calls to 2 DLLs and a LIB) into
a DLL that I CALL from a MapBasic program. My problem is that some of the
calls down in a called DLL does WRITE(*) calls. But there is no window for
the program to write to, so it bombs and crashes MapInfo.

Has anyone out there overcome this problem? Is there some way to designate
that the output generated from within a CALL to a DLL-based subroutine
should be displayed to the message window? (I have tried the command Open
Window Message just before my CALL, but that didn't help.)

TIA

Jo Ellen Brandmeyer
MCNC - North Carolina Supercomputing Center
Environmental Programs
Research Triangle Park, NC
919/248-9244