Hello support,

Following is the details of different options we tested out for connectivity
related to MI 5.5 and Oracle 8.0.4.

Option 1:
Iam trying to connect to Oracle 8.0.4  with MI 5.5. First of all while
creating a DSN it gives me the
following error, ( selecting mapinfo supplied oracle 8  v 3.11 ODBC drivers
)

"The setup routines for the mapinfo Win32 oracle 8 ODBC
driver could not be loaded due to system error code 1157."

Option 2:
When I tried using microsoft supplied ODBC drivers for oracle, everyhting
was fine
it showed me the dialog asking for userid,password and server followed by
displaying
the relevant oracle tables in the step 1 of 4 ODBC option. Here we
configured the Net8
which comes along with Oracle 8.0.4 and the test service was successful. I
tried to save
the same in step 4 of 4 ODBC option and it showed an error "this microsoft
ODBC driver
for oracle is not capable".

Option 3:
We  configure client Net8 for MI5.5 connectivity to oracle using oracle
supplied ODBC drivers
Error: "It is not possible at this time."

Can you please tell how to proceed and in which direction??

There is no documents related to this and mapinfo 5.5 help does not have the
same.
 I have tried this using MI5.01 and it worked fine.

Thanks and regards,
Jayaprakash.A
TATA Infotech Ltd